BORREGO WATER DISTRICT
· Customer must complete, read and sign this “Application for Water Service/Water Service Agreement” and pay the associated fees from the “Water Rates” sheet.
· If this is a new installation, the customer is required to clearly mark the property lines with a stake and mark the side of the lot where they prefer the new meter be installed (meter will be installed along one of the side property lines within the street right-of-way). The District reserves the right to determine the final location of the meter site.
· Customer agrees to pay the monthly “Readiness to Serve Charge” from the “Water Rates” sheet and usage bill on or before the 24th of each month, or be subject to “late fees”. If the water bill is delinquent an average of 3 times in a one year period, a deposit of the average yearly use or a minimum of $100.00 will be required to keep said account active. When the account has been in a current paid status for a 1 year time period, this deposit amount will be refunded to the customer.
· Once a meter has been installed, the “Readiness to Serve Charge” will be billed monthly whether or not there is any usage. If this bill is not paid for any reason for a 6-month period of time, a lien will be placed on the property, the water meter will be removed and new installation fees will apply.
· Any delinquent payment or late charge payment by a check that is not honored will result in a penalty being assessed or a deposit being required.
· Please take note that if a property is rented the owner is ultimately responsible for any unpaid balance left by the tenant.
· It is the customer’s responsibility to keep the meter box clear of landscaping, bees and debris. If the meter reader cannot read the meter because of any of the above, the District will estimate usage for that billing and the customer will be notified to clear the meter before the next reading.
· Customer will install and maintain a water pressure regulator on the meter service.
· Customer is responsible for all plumbing on their side of the water meter.
· Under no circumstance is the customer to operate the District’s meter shut-off located on the street-side of the water meter. Customer will only use the shut-off valve on their side of the meter; if inoperable, contact the District office for assistance.
· Customers are forbidden to attach any ground wire to any plumbing, which may, or may not be, connected to the District’s distribution system.